Saturday, September 13, 2014

Arrivals...There Goes the Neighborhood

     I was hunting in the woods with my father when we heard a lot of people yelling in gibberish. We traveled through the lush green forest teeming with wildlife and healthy plants. Once we exited the forest and made it through the forest and made it to the shore we saw an enormous wooden contraption. This thing had a smooth and curved bottom and a flat surface on top that looked like we could walk across, it was stationed at the very edge of the shore, almost as if it was meant for the water.

     We then saw people emerging from this contraption and heading for shore. these people seemed nice but looked very different, Their skin was milky white and they had many layers of cloth on them. As I was starring at them my father signaled me to come with him back to the village. Our village was very small it had about 10 tepees, every tepee belonged to a family, the biggest tepee belonged to the chief who lived alone. The tepee's were white and very clean compared to the brown ground that formed the ground for our village.

     When we got home I immediately old all of my friends what I saw with excitement but my father went straight to the chief. When I saw them talking they looked very serious, then they called out to the entire village. My father explained our situation to the entire village and the chief then told everyone that we had to show kindness to our new neighbors if we don't want any trouble from them. All of the villagers agreed with him and decided to present gifts to our new neighbors.

     It was decided that my father and 2 other men would present the gifts the newcomers, when I heard this I immediately begged my father to let him take me with him. When I asked my father he looked at the other men for guidance and they nodded, I exploded with excitement and outran the men to the shore.

     When we arrived we saw a horrifying scene, these new men were cutting down trees and clearing large amounts of lands. When they saw us they ran towards us with long sliver sticks that they were holding sideways and pointing towards us. I could sense the fear in my father and the men. We then gently placed the gifts on the ground and backed into the forest. Before we left I heard one of the evil mean say something but it sounded like gibberish, he said " There are savages here!? The they must have resources we can use! We raid their homes at night!"

    That night I awoke to the screams of women and the cries of infants. I raced out of my home to see the whole village in flames. I walked a few steps forward and tripped on something large. I looked down to see that I had tripped on my fathers corpse. I looked up to see the one of them riding a horse killing my family, my friends, and my neighbors. After they pilfered all of our goods they returned to their settlement. The morning awoke with a thunder storm mourning for the death of everyone in the village. I then stood up from my fathers corpse and gathered what little materials those evil men left and made my way to the nearest tribe, to warn them of the dangers these new settlers pose.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you're entry was in story format because it really grabbed my attention. Great job with that! I also appreciate how you use elaborate and powerful words to bring up an important message. Great job!

    ReplyDelete